This is my second time reading this book, it’s that good! It’s a great book to start planning a year of self development, as Gretchen Rubin covers a variety of areas in her book, what she learned, and the research she did in preparation.
- January: Vitality- Boost Energy
- February: Marriage- Remember Love
- March: Work- Aim Higher
- April: Parenthood- Lighten Up
- May: Leisure- Be Serious About Play
- June: Friendship- Make Time for Friends
- July: Money- Buy Some Happiness
- August: Eternity- Contemplate the Heavens
- September: Books- Pursue a Passion
- October: Mindfulness- Pay Attention
- November: Attitude- Keep a Contented Heart
- December: Happiness- Boot Camp Perfect
But since I first read it, there have been additions to the end (that I at least don’t remember), including suggestions on starting your own “Happiness Project,” and a series of tips, including scheduling exercise, parenthood, encouraging your significant other to do chores, and boosting energy.
Another great book I have enjoyed by Gretchen Rubin is Better than Before, a book on developing habits that helps you figure yourself out and how these various identities affect your ability to develop and maintain habits. I learned I am a mix between a rebel and a questioner. I often have to go against what is expected (believe it or not I was goth in high school but am now a traditionalist prep), but will do just about anything if I am given a good reason.
Here are links to the products in this post!