This has been quite an eventful week! I turned the big 3-2 and did my first really organized blog post photo. We experienced some of Charleston restaurant week. It has remained cold in Charleston and I’ve been able to keep wearing my winter coats! I was even able to wear one of my light weight fur coats to my birthday dinner!
I am really determined to make 2018 my best year yet, but I haven’t really accomplished much yet. I’m determined to get organized, healthy, and develop good beauty habits. I found a lot of blog posts along these lines this week!
Hair and Makeup
- Brighton posted her round brush hair tutorial! I have mastered blowdrying my hair with a flat brush, now to master round brush! Thanks Brighton!
- Brittany from Loverly Grey always has the most body in her hair, and she also did a great hair tutorial. These will definitely be on repeat until I master them!
- Camille Styles posted a recipe for bone broth. There are a lot of health benefits to bone broth, namely for the GI tract. I’ve done it before and I hope to get back on it with this recipe!
- Katey from Chronicles of Frivolity posted about how she manages her day. Such an inspiration. I really need to begin a morning routine established before we have kids.
- Carly the Prepster posted about how she added journaling to her daily routine. It is such a mentally healthy addition.
- Brighton also talked about morning routines in general. I loved this: “…have y’all ever watched an animal get up in the morning? They always stretch!” I have been thinking about that all week!
- Love is always the answer from Paige from the Pink Clutch
- The beach is so therapeutic. I have actually read somewhere that moving water helps calms the mind. Once it warms up a bit I’m going to start dragging my husband away from his video games to go on regular walks at the beach.
- A bedtime routine is just as important as a morning routine in order to make sure everything gets done. The EveryGirl’s evening routine is great!
- Megan with Honey We’re Home posted about her super organized closet. I seem to have no ability to keep my closet straight, but I am determined to. This is a huge inspiration with lots of tips!
- Lucy Cuono posted about floral arranging, and her run-in with Carolyne Roehm! That would be my dream!
- Cleaning my home overall is a huge goal of mine. I need to get this done, and Emily from Cupcakes and Cashmere has some great tips!
- I am a bit old school, but I really miss the days of slips. I get so self conscious about pantylines and what not, but I never know what to wear! This post from The EveryGirl on shapewear is really helpful!
- Applying your skincare in the right order is so important! Luckily Camille Styles has come to our rescue to layout the right order!
- Grace from The Stripe talks about her miraculous keratin treatment. I’ve tried it once but it didn’t take. I’m going to have to try it again.
- Kate, a hair dresser from The Small Things, made a hilarious video about mistakes she has seen women do when blow drying their hair at the gym. It was hilarious, but I learned a few things.