Well this has been a week. From being blind most of the week to trying to do Whole30, which I admittedly failed at, I have had quite the week. I haven’t gotten much done, and that has translated to my Powersheets (as you’ll see on my monthly Powersheets review this coming week, which I am not looking forward to), but I am still looking forward to my most productive and best year yet!
- Alcohol is not the healthiest thing on the planet, but I am definitely not one to tell anyone to stop drinking. I love this blog post from A Beautiful Mess about healthier cocktails, with some yummy recipes!
- I am definitely investing in some rattan bags this summer. I have no excuses because I live in Charleston! Jillian with Rhyme and Reason shared some of her favorites this week!
- I would love to switch to a natural deodorant, but let me get real: I’ve never been super sweaty, but living in Charleston I do need the top of the line powerful deodorant. I have been afraid of switching but with these suggestions from Camille Styles I may have to give it a shot.
- This biggest lesson I learned from Whole30 was meal prep. That made my few days on Whole30 so much easier and meal prep is definitely something I will continue going forward. This post from fellow Charlestonian Julia with Gal Meets Glam goes over a lot of the lessons I learned.
- Julia from Lemonstripes has always been a motivation to me because she always seems to have her act together. But since having a baby she’s been sharing how imperfect she really is which I also love. She also provided a quote for my blog post earlier this week on Being the Most Perfect You.
- I love Pilates. This exercise style has really made a huge change for me. It is strengthening without being too much of a strain, and there’s plenty of room to work up as you get stronger. Robin with A Balanced Life has shared some great Pilates exercises, but I love this one to do at your desk.
- Self confidence is everything, as I discovered when analyzing trends in Falling for Trends. Emily with Cupcakes and Cashmere shared some tips and tricks this week on how to boost your own confidence.
- Charleston is an amazing city to live in. It’s almost tropical year round, flowers are almost always blooming, and the architecture is beautiful. Julia with Gal Meets Glam shared more reasons why Charleston is such a great city to live in this week!
And still lots of posts rolling in about personal development
- My January tending list is not the most productive looking tending list ever, and I’m rather disappointed in myself. But there’s nothing magical about January. This blog post from Jess with Cultivate What Matters was a real booster for my lack of success this month.
- But I’m hoping my February will be greatly improved with help from this list of habits to kick to have the most productive year yet from Carolina with House of Harper.
- One of my goals for the New Year is to become a morning person again. I’ve been a morning person off and on throughout my life, and I’ve always been the most productive during those times, but it’s not one of my skills at the moment. With these tips from The EveryGirl I hope to get back to it!
And of course my blog posts: