This week was wonderful! I did a chocolate making class with Christophe Chocolatier (seriously, if you’re ever in Charleston, check to see if he’s doing a class, or at least visit one of his stores), and there is still no flu! David and I both thought we were getting sick, but turns out we just ran ourselves too hard. We’re both feeling good!
There were a ton of romance related posts this week, as Valentine’s day is next week, but I’m going to start with the non-romance related posts:
- I always feel like such a slob when I wear blue jeans. I just feel like there such an easy grab, like I didn’t try. And don’t even get me started on how I feel about destroyed jeans. But my Instagram feed is full of women who pull them off flawlessly and look so pulled together. I loved Gal Meets Glam’s post about how to wear jeans. I may have to invest in a second pair and start putting them in rotation.
- I have never had a lot of friends, but with my husband’s encouragement I’m slowly building up a steady group of girlfriends. This post about the five friends you need by Carly the Prepster was really helpful.
- I am the worst when it comes to time management. I have become better with my Powersheets (sold out but keep them in mind) and Day Designer (also has free printables if you want to try before you buy), but I’m still not great. This post from Honey We’re Home offers her own free printable as well as how she organizes it. It’s very similar to my Day Designer and was really helpful to me!
- I have recently developed wrinkles for the first time in my life, and I think it’s because since moving to Charleston I haven’t used any moisturizer regularly. The Pink Clutch changed up her routine and added a moisturizer and she loves it. I’m thinking about trying Creme de la Mer. Thoughts?
- Summer Wind‘s style is so classic, I absolutely love it. She’s adding a pop of color (cornflower blue, love!) to her bedroom and shared her inspiration and ideas!
Health related posts, my favorite!
- I miss the times in my past when I was a morning person and would jump out of bed and do a solid workout. It was so rewarding! I’m getting back there again, slowly. The EveryGirl shared some tips and tricks on how to do this in a post this week!
- It’s so important to start your morning off right. Exercise is one way (as seen above), but so is a morning (non-alcoholic) libation. I personally do a hemp based protein shake every morning and a black tea, but here are some more from Chronicles of Frivolity that don’t involve caffeine.
- The Stripe had a guest post this week about self love and body confidence. Really since multiple people were around each other, but especially since the advent of widely printed media, and even more as social media is constantly in front of us, it’s so easy to compare ourselves and our lives to others. Few people are actually happy with themselves, but this is some great advice to help your own body confidence.
- I hate the verb “dieting.” To me, it means a temporary change just to reach a temporary end. We as a society need to make a lifestyle change, through what we eat, our exercise, as well as acceptance of our natural bodies. I loved this post about what happened when The EveryGirl quit dieting.
Now for the romance related posts from this past week:
- The Fashionable Hostess obviously always has the most “fashionable” parties, but I really loved this idea for a children’s Valentine’s party for her kids. Definitely doing this once we have kids.
- There’s a reason for the old saying “respect your elders.” They’ve lived! They’ve experienced life. Even if things have changed, not a lot has. Camille Styles shared some advice from women who have been married for 40+ years. The most common piece of advice: keep at it.